Saturday, October 16, 2010

Our road trip

During the school holidays I decided to take my boys to Kadina to visit my sister, Dineke. Being a one car family (and David needing it for work), we had to take the bus which was probably the most exciting part of the holiday. Sorry, no pictures because I just wasn't that organised.
I did however manage to get shots of the beach at Moonta:









 And a couple of photos of the boys and my wonderful mum at a wonderful little coffee shop in Moonta. We had the most delightful cake and coffee there.
And don't you just love the boys hats - my niece, Karen, bought them for the boys at an op shop - $0.50 each!
We were joined on our second day by another sister, Jo and two of her children. I love the way all of the cousins get on so well, from the very little to the very big. It's one of the nice things about being part of a close, big family.
Kadina is a great break for us - it's very relaxed up there, no hustle and bustle - just slow and easy. I'm looking forward to heading back in the next holidays :)

9 comments:

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

I need a holiday! Those photos are great. I love the hats - so cute.

dutch sisters said...

What a fabulous hats and such a wonderful pictures! Sounds like you all have had marvelous time together!

Pip said...

Breaks like that are good for the soul. I've only been to Kadina once ages ago, I think there is quite a good quilting shop there.

Lilian said...

Uummmm, really liking the hats! Nice work Karen, a bit too nice.....
oh yeah and looks like a lovely holiday

Kris said...

Looks like a lovely time!

karen said...

hey levin, the rainbow chard slice that we made was based on the zuccini slice recipe you gave me a while ago which we love.
Its a shame that your chookies ate all your rainbow chard and spinich perhaps next year you can plant some extra plants so theirs enough to go around! My chooks are getting big enough to make a mess scratching so im limiting there free range times to just afternoons.
I couldnt find the alpaca yarn that your thinking of using for your cardi, I hope they have some left for you! (Ill have another look in a sec, I prob just missed it.)

tea with lucy said...

I'm still great friends with my cousins. It's a special thing to have a big, close family!

Leanne said...

Isn't it a great beach it is where I grew up. Lots of sand and rocks to look under. My kids spent most summers up there. Not sure about the bus trip though it is long and boring.

Cherry Rockette said...

ooh, loving the caps! very smart.