Sunday, March 21, 2010

on my needles and up my tree

I found this gorgeous 4 ply hand dyed merino in my niece's long forgotten stash and I decided that it would look gorgeous as a scarf for her (or me) (or us). So, I sat on Ravelry until I found the perfect pattern that would challenge me a little more, but not put me off completely.
I'm not sure which photo reflects the beauty of the yarn - I'm pretty sure that both my dismal attempts at photographing it do not do the colour justice. 
I'm enjoying knitting this up, although it is slow as I'm not too sure about unknitting lace and the pattern requires some concentration - not that it's hard, it just needs to be accurate. 

This weekend the boys have pretty much been away from any screen type products - preferring to be outside and adventurous (it helps that we had to go to two parties as well). This morning I found them in the backyard making cubbies - one for each of them in our two almond trees.

In the backgound you can just see the almost finished chook house - affectionately called the chook penthouse as it is so large! I can't wait to get some chickens and to collect our first eggs.......

Hope you are all having or have had a great weekend.
Cheers
l
x

16 comments:

Kris said...

Love it all! Treehouses are the best.

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

That is beautiful yarn - and I like what you are making with it.

jacquie said...

now those were the days...when the boys were in trees!! lovely yarn too..i do wish i could knit.

Pip said...

The yarn looks slightly different in the second picture, more intense in colour somehow. Your chooks will certainly be spoilt in their "penthouse", it looks nice and secure.

Anonymous said...

Your knitting looks beautiful!! I love the challenge of a pattern you need to concentrate on but can be so frustrating not to tune out to the clickity clack!! Especially when the kids are at you every 5mins.... I frogged a shawl 5 times late last year cause I couldn't concentrate enough to count!! LOL.

Jodie said...

That yarn is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love the colourway, so deep, very reflective of the up and coming cooler months...

Hugs - Jodie :)

Leanne said...

Oh yay Levin you are getting chookens! What a cute looking house too. I'm loving the pattern in your scarf...gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Beautiful knitting and what lucky chooks they'll be coming to your house:)

Kate said...

Its going to be one amazing scarf thats for sure. Its all about cubbies at our place at the moment too.

karen said...

wow, your scarf looks so tricky, its beautiful! id love to see how your sock is going. the boys are looking mighty relaxed! hope you get well behaved non-escapee chooks, unlike mine (remember the bean seedlings i blogged about not long ago? gone!)

Leanne said...

The scarf is looking very nice.Tree houses are so much fun. I would love to have some chooks but our to Jack Russells would like them more I think.

Jantine said...

Looks like the weather is much better than last holidays ;-). Love the knitting...

dutchcomfort said...

The colours in the second picture are great! Love the yarn!

The chook penthouse looks great and very chique!

emma said...

mmm, that wool is indeed lovely. Looks like an involved pattern to me. I still can't read knitting patterns, it's on my to do list. For now, I'll leave it up to the likes of you, who obviously know what they're doing! Can't wait to see the finished product. xx

corry said...

The yarn looks beautiful, it's a wonderful color! Have a happy Easter weekend, levin!

tea with lucy said...

Such a yummy colour, that wool!