Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sometimes you are never too old

We had to buy a new washing machine the other day. Isn't it typical - two days after Christmas ours broke down :(
A lovely man came to deliver and install it and as part of the service he took the old one away. He left all the rubbish though and it got me thinking how a few years ago the box would have been so much fun for the boys but I was pretty sure they wouldn't be interested in it now.....

Think again......
not only the six year old, but the nine year old have both had so much fun (and so many arguments) with this box. They asked if perhaps we could buy something else big to get another box.....
and where were their Christmas presents???? Safely tucked away in their room, not being played with!!

l
x




Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Just go down to the shop and ask for some boxes, they'll have plenty and it will save them paying to get rid of them. I used to do it regularly when mine were small, they loved making big long tunnels to clamber through.

Leanne said...

If I had only know we just ripped up 2 huge boxes I could have delivered them to you for hour of fun for the boys.

dutch sisters said...

They don't need much to have fun, do they? :)

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

Ryan is going to be 14 next month and there is nothing he loves more than the endless possibilities of a giant empty box! He even asked me to go to the moving supply shop and buy him one! Never too old for a box!

Jantine said...

David(7) was reading over my shoulder and told me straight away he wanted such a big box too ;-)!

Clara said...

No one's never too old for a box!!! It' a great fun! Hugs, Clara.

Unknown said...

beautiful

Lish said...

So cute - seriously boxes are one of the best presents for kids I think. Zoe always loves them.

Hope you don't mind but I gave you an award on my blog :)

Jenny said...

Love it:) often it is just the simplest things

Anonymous said...

remember the day that we made whole streets from boxes ,the best things in life are freeWhose eye is it ?

Levin said...

that would be julian's eye :)

Anonymous said...

Ooo i might have to go ask at the shop for a big box or two. When we moved in our new apliances got delivered without any boxes :-( I'm babysitting a 5 year old boy who might enjoy playing with them.